- This event has passed.
Evenings Upstairs Series 2020 Season Kick-off: A Solo Performance with Veteran Singer, Multi-instrumentalist Terry Mike Jeffrey
Fronting his own band since the early ’70’s, he has performed all over the planet. A unique entertainer singing musical styles from most genres all of his life, Terry Mike is especially known world-wide for his presentation of Elvis Presley’s music. In recent years he has performed the King’s songs with symphony orchestras across the country, including : those in Detroit, Jacksonville, Birmingham, Denver, St Louis, Knoxville, 5 recent concerts with the Nashville Symphony, and 17 appearances fronting the Memphis Symphony. With the blessings of Graceland/EPE, and the original orchestra charts from the official Elvis archives, he and his band blend with full orchestras in presenting their salute to the King of Rock & Roll, minus the impersonator element. TMJ routinely sings with Elvis’ former band members and background singers around the world. For 10+ years, Terry Mike has been, and still is, a frequent guest deejay and performer on Sirius/XM’s Elvis Radio, and has also appeared a few times on the Beatles Channel. He sings and performs shows regularly at the Badgett Playhouse Theater in Grand Rivers, KY.
Terry Mike Jeffrey’s other career highlights include:
- 1997 Emmy Award Nomination (Songwriting For TV’s “Sesame Street”)
- Live Performances In Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, England, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Russia, Canada, And Hawaii
- Musical Director and Starring Role in “Elvis – An American Musical”, a New York-Produced Multi-Media Show from the Producers of “Grease” And “Beatlemania”. His Other Musical Theater Adventures Include Regional Productions Of “Beehive”, “Hairspray”, “Always Patsy Cline” And A 2-Year Run In “Stand By Your Man – The Tammy Wynette Story”, Which Was Featured For Extended Runs At Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium 2001-2002
- 56 Performances on TNN’s “Music City Tonight W/Crook & Chase” (Mid ’90’S). A Regular Cast Member Solo Vocalist And Musician On The Show, TMJ Shared The Stage With Country Music Legends Such As Eddy Arnold, Shania Twain, Ray Price, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, And Chet Atkins
- Critical Praise From The New York Times, Variety, Billboard Magazine, Los Angeles Times, Ottawa Citizen, Houston Post, Nashville Banner, Memphis Commercial Appeal, Music City News
- Feature Articles In USA Today, People Magazine, Country Weekly
- Network TV Appearances On NBC’s “Today Show” “CBS This Morning”, CNN’s “Show Biz Today”, And “Live With Regis And Kathie Lee”
- World-Wide Radio Interviews, Including London, England’s BBC; & Sirius/XM Satellite Radio.